Monday, March 29, 2010

Rock & Worship Road Show!

The 2010 Rock & Worship Road Show was outstanding!!! Even the 45 minute wait in the drizzling rain couldn't dampen the spirits of Jon, Mikela, Nick, Bailey, Coralyn, and Lynsey, who I'm proud to say were exemplary models of Christ before, during and after the show. I was a little unsure what to expect since this was my first Road Show concert and I had heard some of the bands were pretty wild. However, I was pleasantly surprised when each band gave the glory to God before the performance and we were able to experience a great evening of music, worship and praise!

The most memorable band for me was definitely Mercy Me. Not only were the band members decked out in suits, their music, lyrics and performance made it evident they serve the One True God. As the concert drew to a close, Mercy Me left the stage while the audience was still singing. While some people were skeptical of this approach, I'm convinced they did it that way so that when everything was finished, all the glory would go to God instead of the band. AWESOME!

Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises. Psalm 98:4

No comments:

Post a Comment